Career opportunities at OpenConnect
If you are looking to catch the wave of software robotics and analytics in a fast-paced software sales career, OpenConnect is the perfect place to be.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for achievement of sales and client goals through direct and indirect selling of software and related consulting services. In this highly customer facing position, you will build and establish new relationships focused on supporting the sales process. This is a solution engineering role that will manage the technical components of the complex solution sales.
We are looking for true passion, enthusiasm and self-motivation to drive the technical sale working with the team. This position will be based in our Dallas office, however an exception will be considered for a home office outside of the Dallas market for the right candidate.
Candidates must possess technical sales experience preferable with Analytics and RPA. A successful track record of selling to large enterprise organizations such as Fortune 1000, healthcare and/or large financial services firms will provide a significant advantage.
Compensation is competitively targeted with a base salary and a rewarding commission plan particularly for overachievers.
- Providing technical solutions for clients and prospects based on a teaming approach with AE
- Networking and establishing new relationships with Channel partners and prospects
- Building upon existing accounts to assist in cross selling opportunities
- Capable of managing presentation material to effectively present to prospects
- Be able to provide effective discussions for architecture, IT security, deployment, etc.
- Collaborating with other account executives and technical consultants during a sales cycle to pull together winning strategies
- Preparing custom demos and/or POCs when required
- Developing an understanding of OpenConnect’s product functionality and benefits
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
- Provide customer demonstrations via in person or web events
- Minimum five years of pre-sales or related technical experience
- Proven sales track record and supporting team selling
- Ability to travel to meet with customers and prospects (50% travel is expected)
- Basic knowledge of software, networks and respective components
- Must be able to quickly understand client operations and processes
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, establish customer rapport and defuse emotional situations
- Must be adaptable, professional, courteous, self-motivated, and able to work well on own or as a member of a team
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and challenging workload
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with proven analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) required
- Knowledge of various programming languages; Java knowledge required
- Knowledge of various database platforms, including Oracle, MySQL, and SQL Server
- Knowledge of Web browsers
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system (specifically, Red Hat and CentOS distributions)
- Knowledge of Windows systems and architectures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skill
OpenConnect has earned a reputation as a thought leader and innovator by providing technologies to automatically discover business process inefficiencies. This success can be attributed to our employees, who provide the foundation for the company’s strategy and vision.
OpenConnect is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants.
Thank you for your interest in joining the OpenConnect team. Please submit your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Human Resources Dept.
2711 LBJ Freeway, Suite 700
Dallas, TX 75234