Help for CFOs
Wisely allocating finite resources is your job. Helping you succeed is ours.
Of all the roles in the C-suite, yours bears the burden of managing the company’s limited resources in the most effective way to keep things running smoothly. Or, to put it another way, you must help make sure the company is getting the most out of the resources it has.
Among those resources is your workforce — both human and automated. It’s a resource that must achieve both maximum productivity and maximum cost efficiency. This leads you to several different decision points.
- Are there opportunities to maximize output and cut costs by automating even more than you may already be doing?
- Are those opportunities currently constrained by a perception that some tasks are too complex to be automated?
- Where openings for increased automation clearly do exist, can that automation live in harmony with your IT infrastructure and those who keep it humming along?
Of course, there always remain tasks which humans still must perform, particularly in your back-office operations. In those cases . . .
- How many FTEs really are needed?
- Are they performing up to expectations?
- Are there ways to reduce costly overtime while meeting output requirements?
- How effectively can their managers truly keep track of what the workers do, especially the growing count of off-site workers?
- Can the managers access real-time analytics data so they can recognize higher-quality production and manage less stellar performers in a more positive direction?
- Just as we asked regarding automation, how well would such analytics capabilities fit in for your IT team and infrastructure?
Making peace with Big Iron.
Yet another opportunity for maximizing production and controlling costs lies in that same IT infrastructure we’ve already referenced.
Your mainframe systems have truly mission-critical data and applications. You’re very familiar with just how important these large systems are, and will continue to be, to your company. At the same time, you also know it’s an ongoing challenge to provide your many PC users efficient, effective access to the mainframe.
So we’re pretty sure the phrases mainframe integration and mainframe modernization have come up in your discussions. And, when these phrases do rear their heads, there are serious questions that go with them:
- If you’re doing more automation, as we mentioned earlier, how well — if at all — does it work with the mainframes?
- How can your workforce successfully and cost-effectively access what’s on the mainframes?
- Does it require massive, expensive changes to the mainframes themselves?
- Does providing mainframe access to the PCs require desktop-by-desktop installation and maintenance?
Need help? We’re here.
You have a big job, and the big problems that go with it. We’d like to help you find answers to those problems. So contact OpenConnect at your convenience, so we can see whether we can work together to make your path a bit easier. We’ll do our best to make it worth your valuable time — which is another one of those finite resources you have to allocate wisely.
For additional details regarding how OpenConnect products can be key elements of the solutions to your needs, see this datasheet.
Get product-specific info.
- AutoiQ™ — Automates routine tasks and workflows to increase efficiency.
- ConnectiQ™ — Enables mainframe integration the right way — server-based for maximum speed, scalability, and reliability.
- WebConnect™ — Client-/server-based software that provides secure, browser-based emulation to mainframe, midrange, and UNIX systems.
- WorkiQ® — Real-time desktop analytics software that maximizes visibility into employee work and productivity.