WebConnect terminal emulation
For secure, browser-based emulation to mainframe, midrange, and UNIX systems.
With its patented, secure, “persistent connectivity” technology, only OpenConnect’s WebConnect™ is capable of supporting tens of thousands of concurrent browser-based users. WebConnect is client-/server-based software that enables enterprise organizations to provide suppliers, partners, and employees with secure access to vital applications and information. With WebConnect, enterprises increase productivity and profits, and retain all the advantages of secure host connectivity to new and existing applications in real time.
WebConnect can be configured to provide secure communication to your host environment across a variety of underlying client technologies, including:
- HTML5 client (newly enhanced)
- HTML4 client
- Swing applet (Java 1.5+)
- Classic applet (Java 1.1+)
OpenConnect has the complete set of solutions to unlock the tremendous value locked in your mainframe applications and data. Years of work have been invested in refining your core business processes encapsulated within your mainframe assets. Whether you are looking to modernize, extend, integrate, or leverage your mainframe into a SOA, BPM, or the Web-centric world, OpenConnect has the technology and experience to ensure that your project has less risk, takes less time, and provides more ROI than any other mainframe enablement solution.
Secure mainframe access.
For OpenConnect, providing companies with secure access to legacy systems has always been a requirement. Our patent for a persistent secure Web-to-host connection is just one example of our focus on security.
- TLS from the access point to the host
- Token passing at the session level
- Single sign-on to the mainframe
What WebConnect provides.
- Non-intrusive access
- Average install time of less than 15 minutes
- Protection at application, session, transport, and host points
- Information migration without modification at host
- Patented secure connection and authentication encryption
What you can do with WebConnect.
- Drive additional revenue through extended use of mainframe information and applications
- Protect information at application, session, transport, and host points
- Efficiently and securely push vital mainframe information and applications out to customers, partners, and employees
- Integrate mainframe information with other line-of-business applications for a more holistic view of the business
- Deliver a cost-effective secure solution through concurrent user licensing
Terminal emulation client
- HTML5: Current browser (Internet Explorer 10+, current Firefox, current Chrome, current Safari)
- HTML4: Browser with CSS or layers (e.g., Internet Explorer 8.0+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
- Tablet support: iOS/Safari and Android/Chrome
- Java Swing: Internet Explorer 8+; Oracle JRE 1.8
- Classic applet: Internet Explorer 8+; Oracle JRE 1.8
Terminal emulation display models
- 3270 Models 2–5 (24 rows × 80 columns up to 43 rows × 80 columns and 27 rows × 132 columns)
- 3287 printers, 3812 printers*
- 5250 Models I and II*
- VT-configurable via TELNET negotiation; typically VT 220*
- SSH support: Data encryption*
- Mainframe RHEL and SuSE Linux 390 V10.0 SP 2 and up (including V.11 SP 4 and V.12 SP 2)
- Oracle Linux V7.3+
- RISC AIX 5.2+ and Solaris 2.8+
- X86 RHEL and CentOS 6+, Windows Server 2008+
WebConnect desktop emulator platforms
- Windows 7 and later
- Client/server encryption: TLS, up to 2048-key length, RSA/AES 128- and 256-bit encryption, strong password, password history, password similarity rules
* Not supported by WebConnect HTML5 terminal emulation client.